About the product: Kritamo (crithmum maritimum or in English rock samphire) is an ancient and valuable ingredient in the diet of the coastal peoples of the Mediterranean, first discovered by the ancient Greeks. It evolved as a plant that survives in extreme conditions, thus developing a unique and valuable for health, cocktail of ingredients.
According to the latest findings of scientists:
- 100 grams of kritamo cover the daily dose we need of vitamin C.
- Kritamos leaves are rich in polyunsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 fats
- The plant extract has strong antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, and vasodilator action.
- Its chlorogenic acid content is the best ally in the fight against obesity.
- It contains kinic acid, an important phenolic compound used in the manufacture of Tamiflu, a drug that treats the flu.
- It is a natural insect repellent and stimulates milk production.
About the company: Ethra Cycladic Farm has been operating in Syros since spring 2014 as an organic certified cultivating unit. The particular microclimate of the Cyclades, with drought, hot sun, brackish waters, sandy soils, and strong winds, led to the choice of sea fennel, or criste marine, or rock samphire (Lat. name: Crithmum maritimum).
Instructions: Add some to your salads or consume as a side dish to your main meal.
(Greek: κρίταμο μαριναρισμένο με τοματίνι και σκόρδο).
Ethra Cycladic Farm - Premium Zeekraal met Cherry Tomaten & Knoflook (Kritamo) - 180g